The Parent Support Group or PSG comprises of parents, guardians and volunteers who are elected at the Logan City Community Cadet Unit’s Annual General Meeting. The aim of the PSG is to support and maintain the aims and objectives of the Unit.
In short the Parent Support Group responsibilities are to:
- Support the aims and objectives of the Unit as defined by the Unit’s Standard Operating Procedures
- Assist, support and develop the Unit and its activities.
- Raise funds through special efforts to provide and improve amenities, purchase uniforms, equipment for the running of the Unit.
- Under direction of the Commanding Officer and Training Officers, coordinate and cater to the exercises and bivouacs throughout the year.
- Represent Parents and Guardians of all cadets within the Unit.
The PSG comprises of the President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer and Fundraising Coordinator. All parents with sufficient interest are encouraged to nominate for election at the Annual General Meeting, which is held in September-August every year. Every 2nd Friday of the month the PSG meet to discuss a range of issues relating to the running of the Unit.
One of the most important issues is fundraising. The Unit relies heavily on donations and fund raising activities to purchase equipment and supplies. The Unit does not get any support from the defence force so all profits are used for the benefit of the cadets and the Unit. Volunteers are needed to help support the PSG committee to organise and run these activities such as sausage sizzles, mother and father’s day raffles and chocolate drives. Putting your name down carries no obligation to assist, but would greatly help the committee, even if it is only a couple of times per year.
2018 -2019 Office Bearers
President – Rosalie Moon
Vice President – Trevor Schulze
Treasurer – Andrea Taylor
Secretary – Michelle Hester
Fundraising Coordinator – Ange Geraghty